Before we go through the actual process of switching themes, let's go over a few imperative things.
- You can switch themes as many times you want, whenever you want at no extra cost. It is FREE
- Changing themes will not replace content that is on your Sharefaith website such as images, banners, logos, plugins, widgets, etc. So no having to start from scratch!
- While you can build new pages using any of our Elementor themes within your existing Sharefaith site by using the steps below, as an alternative, you can create a new website using any of our Elementor themes from within your Sharefaith membership. Here's our guide showing how to build a new site.
How to switch themes
- From your website's WordPress menu, select the Add New option from within the Pages menu.
- From the new page screen, select the Edit With Elementor button in order to access Elementor templates and features.
- Now that you have accessed the Elementor features, select the Sharefaith icon as shown below to access all available Sharefaith templates.
- A pop-up window will appear displaying all available Sharefaith Elementor themes. Once you have decided on the theme that you would like to make use of, select the View Templates button that appears while hovering over the themes.
- You should now see a pop-up windowing containing all of the page templates for the selected theme. If you would like to see a live example of any of these pages, select the Preview button that appears while hovering over each page template. Once you have decided which page you would like to create from your selected theme, select the Import button for that page template.
- The content for your chosen page template will automatically be placed into the new page you had previously created and you can now begin editing the page as needed. Be sure to give your new page a title and when you are ready, publish the page and add it to your website's navigation menu. We recommend waiting on these final steps until you have created all of the pages that you would like from the new theme so that you can remove the pages from your original theme at the same time.
An alternative method to these steps would be to create a new website from within your Sharefaith membership using the new Sharefaith Elementor theme that you would like to make use of.
Please Note: This is a tutorial only for use with Elementor Pages/Templates. We recommend using Google Chrome or Firefox to edit/update your Sharefaith Church Website and Mobile App. If you are experiencing any issues with editing your Sharefaith Church Website or Mobile App, switch to one of these browsers. If the issue still persists or you are experiencing your issue while using one of these browsers contact a Sharefaith Customer Liaison Specialist by creating a new support request.