You being here means that you are about to go live, you have your new website completed enough for others to see it. Or, you are just looking to add a new domain to your already existing hosting account with us.
Please be aware that if the domain name that you want to use is already attached to a ShareFaith website, you will need to reach out to the support team for assistance with getting the domain connected to a new ShareFaith site.
***IF YOU ARE NOT READY TO GO LIVE, GO BACK, DO NOT DO THIS STEP YET AS YOUR SITE WILL BE LIVE AND YOUR TEMPORARY DOMAIN WILL DISAPPEAR AND WILL NO LONGER BE AVAILABLE. ***
- From your Wordpress menu, select the Domains found under the Sharefaith menu option as shown here. If you are using a Sidekick theme, you will need to first select the Advanced button at the bottom left of your screen.
- You will now be presented with the option to either Purchase A New Domain through Sharefaith, or Use A Domain That You Already Own based on which button you select as shown here.
If you are planning on purchasing a new domain through Sharefaith, please see how to purchase a new domain below. However, If you already own a domain name that you would like to add to your Sharefaith website in order to send it live, please refer back to Going Live: Which Option is Right For Me
- Select the Purchase a new domain button
- Add the domain name that you would like to purchase to the domain field and then select the arrow directing you to the next step.
- If the domain that you are trying to purchase is already owned by someone else, you will see a screen similar to this with some other suggestions. If your domain was available, or if you have selected one of the other options that were presented, select the arrow directing you to the next step.
- From the next screen, you will be shown the cost of the domain name that you have chosen. If everything loks in order, select the arrow directing you to the next step.
- On the next screen, you will be asked to enter your Sharefaith membership login credentials in order to authorize the purchase of the domain name. This is required as the billing information that you have on file for your Sharefaith membership will be used for the purchase of the domain.
- If there are any issues with that billing information and we are not able to process the purchase of your domain name, you will see a message like the following.
- If there are no issues with the billing for the domain name, your domain will be successfully purchased and your website should be live with the designated domain name within the hour.
Please Note: We recommend using Google Chrome or Firefox to access Sharefaith.com. Do not attempt to download using Internet Explorer. If you are experiencing issues switch to one of these browsers. If the issue still persists or you are experiencing your issue while using one of these browsers contact a Sharefaith Customer Liaison Specialist by creating a new support request.