This tutorial will guide you through the steps to set up your DNS in the Hosting Control Panel to direct email to your G-Suite account. These settings only apply if you either have your domain registered with Sharefaith or have your Name Servers pointed to Sharefaith's Name Servers
|Please Note: Before proceeding with this tutorial you should already have a G-Suites account set up and email addresses with your domain name, for example, yourname@yourdomain through Google as well. To find more information about getting a G-suite Nonprofit Account please see http://www.google.com/nonprofits/
Before you proceed, do a who.is look up. If you see anything other than sfname1.sharefaithwebsites.net and sfname2.sharefaithwebsites.net, do not proceed with this tutorial, instead, contact us for assistance.
- Log into your Hosting Control Panel using this guide here, How to Log Into Your Hosting Control Panel
- In your Hosting Control Panel Click on Zone Editor.
- Now Click on Manage for the domain that is connected to your G-Suites account.
- From the Filters options, select MX.
- Click the trash can icons to delete the current MX records.
- Click Add Record and in the Type field, use the drop down menu to select MX. You will now be filling out these fields. The Name field and TTL fields should be left as is. The only fields that will change are the Priority and the Destination fields. When you are done inputting each record click Add Record.
Here is a list of the information that you will place in these fields.
Priority: 1 | Destination: ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM Then click Add Record.
Priority: 5 | Destination: ALT1.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM Then click Add Record.
Priority: 5 | Destination: ALT2.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM Then click Add Record.
Priority:10| Destination: ALT3.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM Then click Add Record.
Priority:10| Destination: ALT4.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM Then click Add Record.
Your MX Records should look like the image below when completed.
- Now, From the Filters options, select TXT and then delete the record v=spf1 include:_spf.sharefaithwebsites.net ~all
- Click Add Record and in the Type field, use the drop down menu to select TXT. You will now be filling out these fields. The TTL field should be left as is. The only fields that will change are the Name and the Record fields. For the Name field, you will need to add your website's domain name and for the Record field, you should add this information v=spf1 include:_spf.google.com ~all. When you are done inputting the record click Add Record. When you are done it should look similar to the image below.
Your DNS records are now set up for your G-Suites account. From here, please select the Home icon from the top left-hand corner of your screen.
Now that you are back on your dashboard, select the Email Routing option.
From this screen, you will want to select the Remote Mail Exchanger radial button and then click the blue Change button.
Now that you are done click Log Out. Please keep in mind that while most servers will update with your new mail records within an hour, It may take up to 24-48 hours to update your new mail records.