Start a new topic

Scheduling App Push Notifications

Submitted on behalf of member: 

Stop Forcing Notifications.We initially thought that we would be able to control push notifications but The app is sending out notifications automatically when specific items like blogs & sermons are uploaded. This is sometimes done after hours so we would prefer to have full control of when we notify users that a new sermon, etc. has been made available. And/or allow notifications to auto erase after a day or so. When refreshing the app or a new user download the apps they see a list of all notifications ever sent out by the app. We have the notification "button" set to not be seen but it will still show the new user a page with the list of any/all app notifications that have ever gone out.

6 people like this idea

I would add to this a general scheduling of notifications. Such as - I want to say "live broadcast of service starts in 5 minutes" but program that days in advance to begin at 10:55am on Sunday instead of having to do it at the moment we want it to be displayed.

2 people like this

I have renamed this topic to "Scheduling App Push Notification" so it is clearer. 

It looks like this has been brought up before, but can we revisit it?  Scheduled push notifications would be so helpful.  We would like to have a push notification the night before service, an hour before, as well as before church events.  It would also be nice if users could activate push notifications for daily devotions.

Login or Signup to post a comment