Start a new topic

Blogging via WordPress.com App

Firstly, I'd like to thank Sharefaith for great products, and the best customer service around. It is clear that you and your staff have a true heart to serve the church. I am all about solutions, and I know Sharefaith and your staff are as well.

We recently tried to come up with a solution for handling prayer requests, not only posting, but being able to issue emergency requests when we are in the office (with a laptop/desktop available) and on the go using our mobile devices.

I determined the best approach was to create a dedicated page and set it up in-house as a blog. Once we blog a prayer request, choose its' category (Prayer Chain), we simply text the prayer group a link to the page.

However, I find that blogging/editting/updating my Sharefaith site (even small tasks) is nearly impossible to do on my mobile device. I turned to the Wordpress.com App which gives access to the backend of our site, knowing that Sharefaith's infrastructure is laid over Wordpress. If not, the "Advanced" tab would not be available.

I was delighted to see that on the WP App I could EASILY blog/issue an emergency prayer request (even dictating the request on my phone), select its' category (Prayer Chain) and post. Done. With Sharefaith's stellar eye for customer security your backend blocked my posting ability.

I️ think it's important for Sharefaith to offer this, as other companies do, otherwise you may alienate a good portion of your customers as technology advances into the future. Only being to work with my website on a desktop/laptop truly limits us after hours. 

I would choose to use the App strictly for blogging/issuing emergency prayer requests.

I have started using the App with other accounts that do design work for (non-Sharefaith accounts) and its' wonderful, particularly when I'm away from my computer or out of the office. PLEASE consider this request. And with all sincerity I really, truly believe in you guys. Perhaps having a Sharefaith customer sign a disclaimer/waiver stating that they understand the risks.

Thanks for taking the time to review this request.

Blessings in Him,

Rhonda McGuire

www.ccelkgrove.org

3 people like this idea
1 Comment

YES! I ran into this a few times myself and wished there was some way to work from my cell phone to create push notifications. I'm at work during the day and also travel sometimes, so my personal computer is not always with me. My job, of course, blocks me from accessing various sites which are not work related, so I can't create push notices or create blog posts from my work computer. 

This would be so helpful when I have to issue a push notice during the middle of the day which may not have been previously planned (example: service cancellation due to severe weather changes, informing others of a delay for an event due to a major accident on the freeway or community incident to be cautious of, etc.)

One day I got so desperate and used my cell phone to actually log into my sharefaith account to send out a  push notification but the inset frames of the website, and the tiny areas to select made it so inconvenient. Maybe there could be some type of mobile access for Administrators who are responsible for sending a communication to the congregation.

I also agree with Rhonda that you all at Sharefaith are doing a great job with customer service and are trying to keep us on the cutting edge of new technology! Our church appreciates the hard work of an organization like Sharefaith.

LaShaye

Login or Signup to post a comment