These instructions cover Outlook and not Outlook.com or office365 online. Because we do not have older versions of Outlook we will only have a tutorial for the newest Version of Outlook, which as of this date (08/11/2017) is 2016 or 365 (installed). This tutorial will also work with 2010. If you have an older version of Outlook please contact Microsoft for support. As new versions of Outlook come out, we will add those in other tutorials, not removing this one. Although all of the versions may be different, the email settings will stay the same. Here is a list of information that you will need to put in your email app settings.
- The incoming server must be set to, mail.yourdomain (i.e. if your domain is sharefaith.com then your inbound server would be mail.sharefiaith.com.
- The incoming port must be 143 unless you have an ssl (not typical) then it is 993. 110 if using POP3. (not recommended)
- The outgoing server must be set to, smtp.sharefaithwebsites.net.
- The outgoing Port must be set to 587 unless you want to use ssl then it is 465.
- If you have a Root Folder Path, you must type the word "inbox" into that field, it must all be lowercase letters.
- Make sure that all of your usernames have your complete email address.
- Make sure that none of your email addresses have a capital letter in them.
The screenshots include references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not use this email, it is only used as an example.
Please note that this tutorial is meant to be an aid for your convenience to assist you in creating an email account and setting up your preferred email client. We cannot offer support further than giving you the correct settings for your email client. To receive support in this system please be sure to contact Microsoft|
Enter your new Sharefaith email, then click connect.
Make sure that the Server is set to mail.ourdomain, the Port is set to 143, the Encryption Method is set to "None" and the
Require logon using Secure Password Authentication box is unchecked.
Make sure that the Server is set to smtp.sharefaithwebsites.net, the Port is set to 465, the Encryption Method is set to SSL/TLS
and the Require logon using Secure Password Authentication box is unchecked.
Enter your User Name and Password and check the Save this password box.
Outlook will now prompt you t re-enter your username and password again.
You will now be able to see your Outlook Mail Box. Click on File.
Click on the account Setting dropdown, then on Account Settings.
In the Name and Type field click on your email address.
Enter your Password again in the Logon Information field, check the Remember password box, then click the More Settings button.
Enter the word inbox in all lowercase letters in the Root Folder Path field then click OK.
The Test Account Settings window will pop up, you will see this success message. Click Close then Next.
When you are done, you will see a test email from Microsoft in your inbox. This means that the synching is complete and was successful.