These instructions cover Mozilla Thunderbird.The screenshots include references to email@example.com. Do not use this email, it is only used as an example.
These instructions cover Mozilla Thunderbird. Because we do not have older versions of Mozilla Thunderbird.we will only have a tutorial for the newest Version of Mozilla Thunderbird. If you have an older version of Mozilla Thunderbird please upgrade to the newest version or contact Mozilla for support. Although all of the versions may be different, the email settings will stay the same. Here is a list of information that you will need to put in your email app settings.
- The incoming server must be set to, mail.yourdomain (i.e. if your domain is sharefaith.com then your inbound server would be mail.sharefiaith.com.
- The incoming port must be 143 unless you have an ssl (not typical) then it is 993. 110 if using POP3. (not recommended)
- The outgoing server must be set to, smtp.sharefaithwebsites.net.
- The outgoing Port must be set to 587 unless you want to use ssl then it is 465.
- In the IMAP server directory field you must type the word "inbox" into that field, it must all be lowercase letters.
- Make sure that all of your usernames have your complete email address.
- Make sure that none of your email addresses have a capital letter in them.
The screenshots include references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not use this email, it is only used as an example.
Please note that this tutorial is meant to be an aid for your convenience to assist you in creating an email account and setting up your preferred email client. We cannot offer support further than giving you the correct settings for your email client. To receive support in this system please be sure to contact Mozilla|
When you open Thunderbird for the first time you will see Create an account, click on email.
Click, Skip this and use my existing email.
Enter your Name, Email Address, and Password for your Sharefaith Email.
Make sure that IMAP is selected then click on the Manual config button.
Make sure that your Incoming Email Server  is set to mail.sftutorial.com and that your Incoming Port  is set to 143.
Then Make sure that your Outgoing Email Server  is set to smtp.sharefaithwebsites.net and that your Outgoing Port  is set to 465.
Also be sure to confirm that your Incoming  and Outgoing  Usernames match and are your Sharefaith email. Then Click Advanced config.
In the IMAP server directory field enter inbox (Please make sure you use all lowercase letters. Then click OK.
It will take you to your email inbox, you can now start sending and receiving emails.