instructions cover setting up email on an Android device. Each Android device is different and comes with different mail apps. The device that is displayed here is a Samsung Galaxy S7 and the app used is the default mail app for this device. Although all devices may be different, the email settings will stay the same. Here is a list of information that you will need to put in your mail app settings.
- The inbound server must be set to, mail.yourdomain (i.e. if your domain is sharefaith.com then your inbound server would be mail.sharefiaith.com)
- The incoming port must be 143 unless you have an ssl (not typical) then it is 993.
- The outgoing server must be set to, smtp.sharefaithwebsites.net.
- The outgoing Port must be set to 587 unless you want to use ssl then it is 465.
- If you have a Root Folder Path, you must type the word "inbox" into that field, it must all be lowercase letters.
- Make sure that all of your usernames have your complete email address.
The screenshots include references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not use this email, it is only used as an example.
Please note that this tutorial is meant to be an aid for your convenience to assist you in creating an email account and setting up your preferred email client. We cannot offer support further than giving you the correct settings for your email client. To receive support in this system please be sure to contact your email app developer.|
- Select your mail APP.
- Select "Add Other Account"
Enter your Email Address, and Password for your Sharefaith Email. Then select "Manual Setup"
Select "IMAP Account" Then sign in.
Make sure that your Incoming Email Server  is set to, mail.yourdomain (i.e. if your domain is sharefaith.com then your inbound server would be mail.sharefiaith.com) and that your Security Type  is set to None. Then Make sure that your Port  is set to 143. Then select next.
Make sure that your Outgoing Email Server  is set to smtp.sharefaithwebsites.net, that your Security Type  is set to either SSL or None. Then Make sure that your Port  is set to 587 or 465. Finally, make sure that you turn on the "Authentication Required Before Sending Emails" button  then click Next.
Make sure that your account is your email address. (This may say optional, but it is not) Then select Done.
It will take you to your email inbox, you can now start sending and receiving emails.