Sometimes, you may want to keep some information a bit more exclusive on your site, such as a staff discussion board, work schedule, etc. Password protecting a page will take care of making things more private for you and whomever you wish to share the password with.
Here are a couple of things to keep in mind when adding a password to your website.
- You can choose one password per page, then share that one password with everyone you want to have access.
- While it is secure, it is is not recommended to upload confidential documents, such as church directories, on your site as search engines like Google can still bypass password-protected pages to see these.
- You will only have to enter your password 1 time for every 30 days unless you clear your cookies and cache.
How to create a Password Protected Page:
- Click on the Advanced button in the Sidekick Editor
- Click on Pages from the left-hand navigation in the WordPress Advanced Admin and select All Pages if you are looking to password-protect an existing page or Add New if you are creating a new page for that purpose.
- If choosing an existing one, find and click on the page from the list of pages created that you are wanting to password protect.
- Under the Publish menu (usually on the right side of the screen) click on Edit next to Visibility.
- Click the button for Password Protected and create a password for your page.
- Click OK and then click the Publish or Update button.
- Once you have added this password, go back to the front of your site and test to see if the page now asks for the password when you go to it. You will need to log out of your admin to mimic what visitors that do not have admin level access will see.
|Please Note: We recommend using Google Chrome or Firefox to edit/update your Sharefaith Church Website and Mobile App. If you are experiencing any issues with editing your Sharefaith Church Website or Mobile App, switch to one of these browsers. If the issue still persists or you are experiencing your issue while using one of these browsers contact a Sharefaith Customer Liaison Specialist by creating a new support request.|