How to Use Airplay with SharefaithKids and Apple TV
This step-by-step guide will walk you through the process of connecting your Apple iOS device (iPhones, iPads, iPod Touches) to your Apple TV to display lesson videos and slideshows over a wireless connection.
What will you need?
- Apple TV with remote
- Apple iOS device with the SharefaithKids app installed on it
- HDMI cable
- TV or projector with HDMI input
- Make sure that your Apple TV is properly connected to your monitor or projector and has been configured with your wireless network. Be sure to consult your owner's manual for instructions on this procedure.
- Launch the SharefaithKids mobile app on your iOS device and sign into your teacher account.
Select the lesson you want to use from the curriculum list.
- Select the display option for the lesson (either Video or Slides)
Tap the Airplay icon on your screen, which looks like this:
- Tap the name of the Apple TV device that you wish to connect to.
- Drag up from the bottom of your screen so that you can see some of your device options.
- Tap on the Airplay icon again with the name of the Apple TV next to it and then enable the Mirror Mode option.
- The lesson will now display on your TV or projector and you can control the video or slideshow through the SharefaithKids app on your device.