Connecting Samsung Devices to a TV or Projector with a Wired Connection
If you don't have an Apple TV or plan to use a wired connection instead, this tutorial will walk through the general step-by-step procedure to connect your Apple iOS device to a TV or projector.
What will you need?
- A Samsung smartphone or tablet that is able to use apps from the Google Play store.
- An HDMI adapter for your Samsung device
- An HDMI cable
- An external monitor, such as a TV, or projector with an HDMI input
HDMI is recommended for best picture quality, but you may also be able to use adapters and cables for VGA or DVI if your monitor or projector does not have an HDMI input, if you are able to find adapters compatible with your device.
Please Note: It is always recommended to use first-party peripherals that come from the same manufacturer as the device you plan to use. For this connection, we recommend using Samsung brand cables and adapters for best results.
- Before you connect your device, make sure to put it in some form of "Do Not Disturb" mode so that you don't get unwanted alert sounds or messages appearing during the lesson.
- Locate the connection port on your Samsung device. The size of the port will vary, depending on your device's model. Please refer to your device owner manual if you are not sure which connection your device uses. The image below shows the location of the port on the Samsung Galaxy Tab sm-t700 running Android 4.4.2.
Take the adapter and plug it into your Samsung device. For this device, there is an additional connector pin adapter that is being used. Also, with many adapters, it is required to plug a charging cable into them to keep your device charged, during playback. You can typically plug the charging cable into a USB port on the TV or projector, if it has one, or into a USB electrical wall outlet adapter.
Plug your HDMI cable into the other end of your adapter.
Locate the HDMI input on your monitor or projector and plug the other end of the cable into it.
Now you should see the screen from your Samsung device displaying on your monitor or projector. You can now show your students the lesson content you wish to display.