Whether you are ready to go live or if you just need to transfer a domain name that you already own to Sharefaith so that you can have everything in one place, lean on this quick and easy to follow tutorial to guide you smoothly to your goal.
|Please Note: Transfers take 7 days to process completely.|
Please follow these instructions step-by-step.
First things first. Contact your current domain provider and have them unlock your domain for transfer and give you your EPP (or domain transfer) code. Make sure that your domain is not in private mode. Equipped with that in hand you are ready to proceed.
- Second thing, if you can, make sure you change your nameservers so there is no downtime with your website. To discover how to do this click on the following tutorial. Pointing Your Already Existing Domain to Us
- Click on the Settings button
- Click on the "Domain" tab.
- Click on the "Use a domain that you already own" button.
Enter the domain you wish to transfer. Please note that the www. is already filled in for you.
If you enter the wrong domain you will get this screen. Just click the left arrow and it will take you back to step 4.
Click on the "Transfer my domain to Sharefaith" button.
Make sure that you read over all of the information including the pricing. Different domain extensions will have different pricing. Once you see that everything is good, click the right arrow button.
- Put in your password to your sharefaith.com account. This will allow us to bill your card that is on file.
You will get an IP address to change your A name record.
You will get an email in your email that you used to sign up for the transfer. YOU MUST FOLLOW THE LINK TO PUT IN YOUR EPP CODE.
- Now sit back, relax while your transfer goes through. Transfers take at least 7 days.
|Please Note: We recommend using Google Chrome or Firefox to edit/update your Sharefaith Church Website and Mobile App. If you are experiencing any issues with editing your Sharefaith Church Website or Mobile App, switch to one of these browsers. If the issue still persists or you are experiencing your issue while using one of these browsers contact a Sharefaith Customer Liaison Specialist by creating a new support request.|