This tutorial will guide you through the steps to set up your DNS in the Hosting Control Panel to direct email to your hosted email with Office 365, Microsoft Outlook, or Microsoft Outlook through GoDaddy. These settings only apply if you either have your domain registered with Sharefaith, or have your Name Servers pointed to ns1.sharefaithwebsites.net, ns2.sharefaithwebsites.net and ns3.sharefaithwebsites.net.
Before proceeding with this tutorial you should already have a Exchange Online account set up and email addresses @yourdomain.com through Microsoft. To find more information about Microsoft Office 365 for Non-profits please see: Office 365 Nonprofit
1. Log into your Hosting Control Panel
The credentials for your Hosting Control Panel were included in the email you received when your first started your Sharefaith Website
2. On the left panel, click Domain Settings
3. If you have only one domain, skip to step 4. If you have multiple domains click the edit pencil to the right of the domain you wish to edit.4. Click the edit pencil to the right of DNS Conifiguration5. If there are records pointing to sharefaithwebsites.net (example: mail5.sharefaithwebsites.net) or Truepath, delete them by clicking the X to the right. There should be 3 records that need to be deleted.
6. Now we will insert the verification code you should have received from Microsoft when you first signed up. It should look something like this: MS=msXXXXXXXX (Do not copy, this is an example and will not work for your settings)
7. Click Add DNS TXT Record
8. Fill in the following:Name: (blank)
Data: (paste your verification code here)
9. Click Submit**After step 9 you will need to wait a few minutes for the record to update across the internet. Then go to your Microsoft account to confirm the verification**10. Now we will insert the domain key from Microsoft. This will look similar to <domain-key>.mail.protection.outlook.com(Do not copy, this is an example and will not work for your settings)11. To Add the Microsoft MX (Mail Exchanger) records click Add DNS MX Record12. Fill in the following informationName: (leave blank)
Data: (insert your domain key).mail.protection.outlook.com
13. To add the Microsoft DNS records click Add DNS CNAME Record.14. Fill in the following informationName: autodiscover
Data: autodiscover.outlook.com15. Click Submit
16. Repeat steps 6-8 with the below information, you can input one line each time
Now we will add a TXT record to help prevent email Spam.
IMPORTANT You cannot have more than one TXT record for SPF for a domain. (If your domain has more than one SPF record, it may result in email errors, as well as delivery and spam classification issues.) If you already have an SPF record for your domain, then add the required Office 365 values to the current record so that you have a single SPF record that includes both sets of values. Need examples? Check out these details and sample SPF records. To validate your SPF record, you can use one of these SPF validation tools.
Name: *leave blank*
Data: v=spf1 include:spf.protection.outlook.com -all
Finally, there are two SRV Records that need to be added. Microsoft will provide you ones that have a Name, Protocol, Weight, Port, Priority and Data/Target. Those have to be modified slightly to be input in the system, please use the data provided in the steps below
19. Click Add DNS SRV Record
20. Fill in the following informationName: _sip._tls
21. Click Submit22. Click Add DNS SRV Record
23. Fill in the following informationName: _sipfederationtls._tcp
24. Click Submit