When you type in your church website address into Facebook to post a link, Facebook picks an image that may or may not be what you want to represent your church. This tutorial will guide you through the steps to change the image that displays on Facebook when you link to your church website.
DISCLAIMER: This tutorial will guide you through the steps of using a 3rd party plugin to update your thumbnail on Facebook. This tutorial is to aid in this process, we do not offer any further support other than this tutorial.
Please be sure to follow the directions exactly as they are written. Failure to input the proper information can cause your website to not appear correctly on desktop and/or mobile views. If you experience a problem with the view of your website after following these steps, please review them again, if you are not able to resolve the issue disable the plugin and see if your website appears correctly.
- Log into your church website.*the next steps will guide you through uploading your image to the media folder if you already have your image uploaded skip to step 5*
- From the dashboard menu, hover over Media and click on Add New
- Upload your image
- Within the Media Library, select your image
- On the right side of your screen, you should see a URL field. Copy the entire URL.
- Click the "x" to close this window.
- Click Plugins from the sidebar menu and then Add New
- In the Keyword field, search the term Head Meta Data and then click the Install Now button for that plugin
- After a brief installation process, the button will now say Activate, click the button again.
- Select Plugins form the sidebar menu again, scroll through your installed plugins until you find the Head Meta Data plugin, and then click the Settings link.
- Select the Plugin Settings link.
- In the Custom Content field, insert the following text:
<meta property="og:image" content="http://www.YourUrlHere.com/YourImagePath/YourImageName.jpg" />
- Replace the http://www.YourUrlHere.com/YourImagePath/YourImageName.jpg portion of that text with the URL for your image that you copied in step 5.
- Click Save Settings and you should be set. Please be aware that it can take up to 48 hours for these changes to take effect.
Please Note: This is a tutorial only for use with Elementor Pages/Templates. We recommend using Google Chrome or Firefox to edit/update your Sharefaith Church Website and Mobile App. If you are experiencing any issues with editing your Sharefaith Church Website or Mobile App, switch to one of these browsers. If the issue still persists or you are experiencing your issue while using one of these browsers contact a Sharefaith Customer Liaison Specialist by creating a new support request.