You being here means that you are about to go live, you have your new website completed enough for others to see it. Or, you are just looking to add a new domain to your already existing hosting account with us.
Please be aware that if the domain name that you want to use is already attached to a ShareFaith website, you will need to reach out to the support team for assistance with getting the domain connected to a new ShareFaith site.
***IF YOU ARE NOT READY TO GO LIVE, GO BACK, DO NOT DO THIS STEP YET AS YOUR SITE WILL BE LIVE AND YOUR TEMPORARY DOMAIN WILL DISAPPEAR AND WILL NO LONGER BE AVAILABLE. ***
- From your Wordpress menu, select the Domains found under the Sharefaith menu option as shown here. If you are using a Sidekick theme, you will need to first select the Advanced button at the bottom left of your screen.
- You will now be presented with the option to either Purchase A New Domain through Sharefaith or Use A Domain That You Already Own based on which button you select as shown here.
If you are planning on transferring your existing domain name to Sharefaith, please see how to transfer your domain to us below. However, If you are planning on purchasing a new domain name or keeping your domain registered where it currently is and just pointing it to our servers in order to send it live, please refer back to Going Live: Which Option is Right For Me
- Before proceeding with the steps below to initiate your domain transfer, you will need to access your current domain registrar account and ensure that it has been unlocked for transfer and that they have provided you with an EPP code for the domain transfer.
- Click on the Use a domain you already own button.
- Type your domain name into the domain field that you will be presented with.
- On the next screen, you will be asked if you want to point your domain name to Sharefaith or transfer the domain over to Sharefaith. If you are wanting to proceed with transferring your domain to Sharefaith, select the Make Sharefaith my domain provider button. If you would rather point your domain to Sharefaith, please refer to the Pointing Your Domain to Us tutorial.
- Make sure that you read over all of the information including the pricing. Different domain extensions will have different pricing. Once you see that everything is good, click the right arrow button.
- Put in the password to your sharefaith.com account. This will allow us to bill your card that is on file.
- You will receive an email to the address that you used to sign up for the transfer. In order to complete the transfer process, you must follow the link in that email and use the EPP code that your current domain registrar provided to you.
Please Note: We recommend using Google Chrome or Firefox to edit/update your Sharefaith Church Website and Mobile App. If you are experiencing any issues with editing your Sharefaith Church Website or Mobile App, switch to one of these browsers. If the issue still persists or you are experiencing your issue while using one of these browsers contact a Sharefaith Customer Liaison Specialist by creating a new support request.